[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-836008 ] Partial rewrite of check_dns

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 5 04:20:24 CET 2003

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kdebisschop
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=836008&group_id=29880

Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This is a patch file that provides a partially complete
rewrite of the check_dns plugin.

The rewrite is a start of an implementation to use one
of 4 technologies to implement the check_dns function.

The complete option is to use nslookup as the
technology to issue the underlying dns checks.
Alternatives or the host command, the resolver library
and use of the dig command are not complete.

Note this runs with the nslookup supplied with Bind-9,
your mileage may vary.

When I get to it I hope to finish the other
technologies and add a mechanism to work out which one
to use on each system dynamically.