[Nagiosplug-devel] Tivoli Storage Manager ?

Jon Ottar Runde jru at sunnmore.net
Sat Nov 15 05:22:05 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 10:31, Brian Ipsen wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  I'm running TSM on a Windows 2000 box - and unfortunately IBM has chosen
<snip>
> 2nd: If anyone is using TSM, it would be nice with some input on what could
> be usefull....
>
> Eg:
>  Check for specific events on the server itself or sepcific nodes
>  Check storage pool/database/recovery log utilization
>  Check Server License Compliance
>  Check number of active sessions (using specific communication protocol)
>  Check for last access from a specific node / if node is locked

if you have installed the client on a linux-box, you should have
installed: /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/admin/bin/dsmadmc
This is a client, that can be scripted to allow you to run commands
against your TSM-server.
If you create something useful, it would be nice to see it.

you can use these as a template:
http://www.deadcat.net/cgi-bin/download.pl?section=1&file=bb-TSM.sh

http://www.deadcat.net/cgi-bin/download.pl?section=1&file=bb-tsmstatus.sh

they should give you some pointers on what to include

jon o

--
Jon Ottar Runde <jru at sunnmore.net>