[Nagiosplug-devel] new plugins relese

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Nov 24 22:29:03 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 06:38, Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> Dear plugin developers,
> 	There was some movement at the end of August, to release a version
> of plugin. When do you plan to release 1.4 or 1.3.2?

We have had a few more bursts of progress, but are not quite there yet.

Nonetheless, since the external interface seems stable, I plan to
release an alpha sometime this weekend, regardless of how completely we
have met the 1.4.x goals.

Along with that, I'm suggesting that 1.4.x series will have a small
features added after the 1.4.1 release, and thus will be more in the
'release early, release often' model. In contrast to 1.3.x, which was
only bugfixes because the development was in 'big projects' happening in
the 1.4.x tree. So I do not plan on branching the CVS tree for 1.5.x
development until after several point releases in 1.4.x

These ideas, of course, are all open to comment by the developers and
the user community.

--
Karl