[Nagiosplug-devel] Checking interface errors on cisco equipment

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Oct 7 20:15:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyones knows the where-abouts of a plugin to check for interface errors on Cisco routers and switches. Ideally it should check every interface that's not in the shutdown mode automatically.

I've found this link, but it doesn't provide anyclues as to where the plugin might be:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins.devel/445

Various web and newgroup searches based on the information in that post have gotten me nowhere.. Then again it might just be way to late at night for my brain to be functioning ;)

If nobody knows of one then I'll knock one up. I'm thinking if doesn't really have to do much more than store the previous value in a text file somewhere,  check the difference between that and the stored value and then compare it against the thresholds. No biggie.

Sam