[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-822662 ] check_tcp does not return "TCP CRITICAL"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 13 08:38:06 CEST 2003

Bugs item #822662, was opened at 2003-10-13 11:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hvm_pt
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=822662&group_id=29880

Category: Parsing problem
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_tcp plugin should return a "TCP CRITICAL:
Connection refused by host" when the tcp service port
checked is down.

example: "check_tcp server1 -p 3128" (SQUID Port)

If the squid service is down we get a "Connection
refused by host" but we should get a "TCP CRITICAL:
etc.." since this service is down.

Because of this, Nagios puts this service in the
critical services group, but we can't get any
availability report because services checked by this
plugin (using check_tcp xxx -p xxxx) are not returning
valid exit codes/echoes: "TCP OK", "TCP WARNING" or
"TCP CRITICAL".

This service check not even appear has unknown!?!!