[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Trouble installing plugins - not templatedperhaps?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Sep 3 15:36:02 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 15:29, Ton Voon wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 04:29  am, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> >> The nagios-plugins project should ship an updated one then.
> >
> > Plugin developers - I think he's right - 1.4 should ship with templated
> > format. Maybe we should grab a copy of the converter from nagios so we
> > can continue to provide the old format without the need to maintain two
> > config files?
> >
> > --
> > Karl
> >

> I think we should only send out the templated format. I think I'm going
> to be overruled on this though.

I won't (can't?) overrule you. If there is a groundswell against the old
style, I will back down.

In fact, I'm a little sympathetic. But since I still see reports of
people switching from netsaint, I suggest we ship both.

I'd prefer to make the templated the master, but that would require
writing a different conversion tool to go from templated to old-style.

--
Karl