[Nagiosplug-devel] -C arg to check_http loses data

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Fri Sep 12 11:27:20 CEST 2003

My apologies if this is a known problem.. I was unable to find any previous
reports of this error in the nagiosplug-devel or nagiosplug-help list
archives.

It would appear that the certificate expiry data reported by the -C argument
to check_http is being truncated.  Unfortunately my C coding skill aren't up
to the task of tracking down the cause, or supplying a fix for this.  Here is
some example output from my system:

For a certificate which expires 06/21/2004 17:59:47 GMT:
Certificate will expire on 06/21/2004 17:5.

And for an old, expired cerificate (expired 22/06/2001 17:43:59 GMT):
Certificate expired on 06/22/2001 17:4.

This is using check_http (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.24.2.4 compiled and run on
RedHat 7.3.  I'm perfectly willing to do further testing/troubleshooting, if
anyone can think of more information which would be helpful in tracking down
the error.

Cheers,
   Matt Pounsett

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110