[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugin: check_yum

Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus.NL gerwin at digitalus.nl
Wed Apr 21 08:24:01 CEST 2004

Thanks for the tip, I changed it right away. I had some problems for
getting the error codes within bash (i normally don't use bash scripts
for my scripting needs). But now it's completely based on the exit codes
from yum.

G. Krist

PS. Sorry if this messages is sent 2 times!

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 16:27, Sean Dilda wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 05:55, Gerwin Krist -|- Digitalus.NL wrote:
> > details at:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=939170&group_id=29880&atid=541465
> >

> Interesting.  From a quick look, I'd suggest relying more on exit codes
> and textual output.  From the man page, if the exit code is 100, then
> your system is not up to date.  If its 0, your system is up to date.  If
> its anything else, yum had a problem running.  (A quick check just
> showed python exits with a status of 1 if there's an IOError)
>
> Checking the exit codes is a little more robust than your current
> method.

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,

Gerwin Krist
System Engineer

Digitalus
First-class Internet Webhosting

Email:  g.krist at digitalus.nl
Tel:    +31 (0) 598 630000
Fax:    +31 (0) 598 631860

This message may contain information which is confidential or
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without
retaining a copy.