[Nagiosplug-devel] nagios-plugins + perfdata

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Aug 9 06:53:00 CEST 2004

nagiosplug-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> i have a small question concerning the default plugins of nagios. it
> seems they didn't issue the perfdata like shown in
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/perfdata.html
>
> in the source plugins dir,
> plugins$ grep -rin percent_packet_loss *
> plugins$ grep -rin perfdata *
> plugins$
>
> is that right ?

Not all of the plugins currently support Performance Data. To get the
maximum number of perfdata supporting plugins, you should use the latest
CVS version, available from the Nagios Plugin page on SourceForge.

> if it is, is there any plan to change this ? (or maybe integrate
> graph directly in nagios ?) what is the situation of other plugins ?
> (nrpe, nsclient, ...)

To my knowledge, there are only two add-ons that will graph data within
Nagios. These are APAN and PerfParse. PerfParse uses the performance
data returned by the plugins, while APAN uses another method. Links to
both of these add-ons can be found from the Add-On section of the Nagios
web site.

> thanks
> Regards
>
> 		Julien
>
> note: please cc. i'm not on list

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)