[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ping /destination unreachable

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Aug 13 04:22:05 CEST 2004

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> Compiles and runs Ok (make) on FreeBSD 4.9-RLEASE-p2. Running in prod
> Nag checking reachability of ~ 400 LAN connected devices.
>
> tsitc# ../libexec/check_icmp -w 30,15% -c 60,50% -H 10.0.0.45
> OK - 10.0.0.45: loss 0%, rta 1.76 ms | pl=0;rta=1.76
>
> It is considerably faster than check_ping.

It also includes a great deal of code from fping, which is not GPL.
Further, the Stanford license from fping seems to be largely omitted.

I have not come to a conclusion on how I feel about adding non0GPL
software to the plugins - it is not consistent with the plugins
themselves, so we'd need to distribute them with different licenses
applying to differnt parts of a release.

Anyone else care to comment?

--
Karl