[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1081520 ] check_snmp doesn't allow version 2 of SNMP protocol

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 8 17:03:07 CET 2004

Bugs item #1081520, was opened at 2004-12-08 19:21
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by opensides
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1081520&group_id=29880

Category: Argument proccessing
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
The current check_snmp plugin does not allow you to
choose SNMP protocol V2.  Only V1 or V3.

Some of our network devices will ONLY respond to SNMP
V2 queries.  It seems to me that check_snmp should be
modified to allow V2 protocol as well.

This can be accomplished with a simple addition to the
source.  In the part where it validates your
arguements, add something like this:

        else if ((strcmp(proto,"2c") == 0) ||
(strcmp(proto,"2") == 0)) {       /* Added manually,
since old check_snmp doesn't allow protocol V2 */
                asprintf(&proto, "%s", "2c");
                asprintf(&authpriv, "%s%s", "-c ",
community);
        }

Any reason this shouldn't be included in check_snmp?