[Nagiosplug-devel] munin active check plugins?

VEGH Karoly karoly.vegh at uta.at
Wed Dec 15 21:04:02 CET 2004

Hi.

I am trying to clean up our Nagios-based monitoring policy.

I was wondering, that hey, munin is a nice tool to do the graphs,
really. But it can alarm only through passive checks:
http://www.linpro.no/projects/munin/munin-doc.html#0_3_5

My questions is: is it exaggeration to want to keep the monitoring
policy active-check-only? If not, any chance that in the near future
there will be nagiosplugins with active checks for munin? somehow like
this (munin-node runs on port 4949)

bss at atsrvlx02-new:~$ telnet atsrvlx03 4949
Trying 172.21.16.103...
Connected to atsrvlx03.utalan.at.
Escape character is '^]'.
# munin node at atsrvlx03.utalan.at
list
df_inode cpu processes iostat memory df exim_mailstats interrupts
netstat swap exim_mailqueue vmstat load
memory
# Unknown command. Try list, nodes, config, fetch, version or quit
fetch memory
slab.value 135057408
swap_cache.value 27516928
apps.value 730521600
free.value 238710784
buffers.value 171941888
cached.value 1874755584
swap.value 664526848
active.value 769347584
inactive.value 2007728128
.
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.
bss at atsrvlx02-new:~$

feedback is welcome.

charlie

--
 - Because it messes up the order in which you normally read text.
 - Why is top-posting such a bad idea?