[Nagiosplug-devel] SNMP community in host configuration

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Dec 16 00:46:03 CET 2004

Patrick Proy wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Maybe some more information : I'm using service templates that's why I have
> this problem. I need one service template per snmp community...

That's the best way to do it then I suppose. You might be able to put
the community in the notes variable of the hostextinfo and then use it
from there (I don't know to what extent the host macros are expanded for
checks, but it could be worth a try).

The main problem is that you'll HAVE to write down the authentication
info somewhere. Templates makes you do it once, I suppose, so that's
most likely the best solution (assuming you don't want to set your
read-only authinfo to the same thing everywhere).