[Nagiosplug-devel] Installation of NRPE and Plugins on IBM AIX

subash.rajan at wipro.com subash.rajan at wipro.com
Mon Dec 20 04:03:12 CET 2004

Hi,

With related to the above subject I have few queries for which I need
your suggestions.

We are using Nagios Verion 1.2 for Monitoring servers running Windows
NT, Windows 2003 and Linux Operating Systems.
Additionally we are monitoring network devices which are Wireless Access
Points and Switches.

We would like to include few Unix Servers running IBM AIX for
monitoring.
The Maintenance Level of the AIX OS is 5.2.0.0.

We have downloaded the nrpe-2.0 and Nagios-Plugins-1.3.1 from Nagios
site and installed on the AIX system.
We could successfully install and compile NRPE, started the daemon and
verified that nagios server is able to communicate to the port 5666 of
the AIX server.

But we have problem in installing and compiling Nagios-Plugins. I have
attached the error output while compiling plugins.

The files attached are the outputs for the commands './configure' 'make
all' and 'make install' from the directory
/usr/local/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.3.1/plugins.

Requesting you to investigate the problem and provide your feedback.

Awaiting yout response,

Thanks and Regards,

Subash Rajan.
Wipro Technologies.