[Nagiosplug-devel] NRPE Compilation Error in IBM AIX 5.2

subash.rajan at wipro.com subash.rajan at wipro.com
Wed Dec 29 18:29:04 CET 2004

Hi,

Please refer to my previous mails in this regard.
I am still having problems in installing Nagios Agent in AIX.

As per the knowledge acquired from Nagios Forums I have downloaded the
Nagios-Plugins-1.4alpha3 release and nrpe-2.0 and tried to install them.

I have the following dependencies also installed in AIX 5.2 which are
required for NRPE.
freeware.gcc.rte           3.3.2.0    C     F    gcc version 3.3.2
rpm.rte                   3.0.5.37    C     F    RPM Package Manager
gawk.3.1.4
OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

While compiling NRPE I am getting the following error.

Server: /usr/local/nagios/nrpe-2.0>make
        cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
        gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/openssl -I/usr/local/include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/lib  -lssl -lcrypto
-lnsl
nrpe.c: In function `main':
nrpe.c:198: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .get_dh512
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.
make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Stop.

When I searched the Web I could find the queries from others on the same
issue.Please find the links below.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins/412
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins/412>

Please update me whether you have NRPE for AIX 5.2 available.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Subash.