[Nagiosplug-devel] check_by_ssh return code

debby_ar at yahoo.com debby_ar at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 08:45:48 CET 2004

I have been getting inconsistent results running the
1.3.1 version of check_by_ssh.  When I run the plugin
manually, it consistently works, but when it is run by
nagios, the exit code is frequently wrong.  Digging
deeper, I find that the spclose call sometimes returns
the expected value, but frequently is returning 255
instead.  (Not always, but often.)

In all cases, the actual output of the plugin on
stdout is correct.

I have tried various things without any success, and
the only solution I can find is to change check_by_ssh
to ignore the return value from spclose and parse the
output instead.  This will work for my case, but
assumes that check_by_ssh knows something about the
format of the output.

Is there an alternative solution?