[Nagiosplug-devel] Writing a plugin?

Darrell Mozingo dmozingo at topechelon.com
Thu Feb 12 09:04:41 CET 2004

I'm using NRPE_NT and I wrote a plug-in in for it C# to monitor an
NT4/2000 eventlog but I'm a bit confused as to how Nagios picks up on
the status of the check. I return either "OK", "CRITICAL", or "WARNING"
and then the eventlog message as the return. Running the check from the
Nagios console goes as expected, and it's set to an OK status in Nagios
when it checks it, but when an error pops up in the eventlog Nagios will
keep it as OK and put the error in the returns column as opposed to
changing it to a CRITICAL/WARNING state.

What do I have to return for nagios to see it as a warning/critical
state? I thought it would just pick that out of the beginning of the
string, but I guess not.

Thanks for any help you could provide...