[Nagiosplug-devel] Best Way to Monitor Cruisecontrol

Robert Pearse rp at nextjet.com
Wed Feb 18 14:59:54 CET 2004

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Cruisecontrol, it's another SF
project that constantly builds code in a loop. Every so often, as
configured, it will start a build if it has seen a CVS commit.

I'm trying to monitor the Cruisecontrol process on a remote server using
Nagios. I think the easiest way to do that is to monitor
cruisecontrol.log and see if the file is changing every half hour. If
not, then it's stuck.

What's the best way to monitor a file for changes on a remote server?

Thanks,

Robert