[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 19:42:13 CET 2004

On 18 Feb, 2004, at 11:00, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 21:20, Ton Voon wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>> This is a good idea. I was thinking that we should use multiple -a
>> arguments to specify more ip addresses (eg "check_dns -H ibm.com -a
>> 10.10.10.1 -a 10.10.10.2").
>
> For some cases, yes. And in the context of the command line it makes
> the
> most sense. But in the context of a nagios config, I think it is not
> the
> most preferred format - I think it should also accept commas like
> check_ping does for multihomed hosts.

Have had a look at doing this, but it appears that Solaris' nslookup
returns data over 2 lines if there is more than 4 addresses returned
(try "nslookup www.ibm.com").

I'll have a go at this change, but only after I can get check_dns to
use the resolver routines instead of nslookup first. Most of
check_dns.c looks like it is parsing for error messages in nslookup!