[Nagiosplug-devel] check_mrtgtraf plugin bits/s extension patch

Kai Bankett chaosman at projectx.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 24 19:01:02 CET 2004

Hi all,

the company I´m currently working at demanded that the output-values of the
check_mrtgtraf-plugin are displayed only in Bits/second.
Main reason they wanted to have a different behavior is that all the rest
of the monitoring tools used display bits/second.

The attached diff-file tries to implement a new command-line switch (-b) to
switch behavior from bytes to bits/second.
Threshold factors are adjusted as well.
Maybe there's someone listening on this list with the same problem and the
patch can be a help or it gets included within the mainstream-plugins ?

One more thing to mention :
As far as I can see the second perfdata-function call seems to be
wrong. I think second time the first parameter should be "out" not "in" ?

Please cc me directly on replies because I´m currently not subscribed to
the nagiosplug-devel list.

Thanks,

Kai