[Nagiosplug-devel] has anyone developed a plugin in python?

nemir nemiria nemir at mindless.com
Thu Jul 22 10:57:14 CEST 2004

Jason Martin replied with wonderfully helpful comments thus:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 01:34:33AM +1000, nemir nemiria wrote:
> > I was hoping that someone had done it before me, and I could maybe have a look how and perhaps ste..  er adapt it to my own purposes.  ;-)
> Found even a better one:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=59aa3aef.0204231823.77932129%40posting.google.com

Thanks Jason!

A wonderful help.  I had spent a few days looking for something to do this for me,  and here you go pointing me at the docs for signal and I have written something in less than ten minutes that works perfectly.

The code from the above example seems to be overkill for what I need at the moment,  and seeing as this is the first thing I've written that wasn't more than a glorified text masher,  it adds a level of complexity that I don't want to dive into at 4am.

Only thing left is to write up my FAQs (cause I've written it in python I don't assume everyone has it installed,  and because I've used optparse to deal with my parameters I have written instructions on downloading and installing optik for the earlier versions.) and try to figure out a try statement that will import from optparse or optik, and then I can post it.

^_^

Thanks for your help.

Nemir