[Nagiosplug-devel] Checking printer ink levels

Dan drw at adnc.com
Tue Jun 8 22:22:09 CEST 2004

I've thrown together a nice easy to use perl script for use with nagios
that is able to check printers for their supply levels.  If anybody is
interested in it I'll finish it up(add features like help and debug) and
post it. It currently supports only a couple of different types of printers
and uses SNMP.

HP printers supported:
LaserJet 2300
Deskjet cp1160
Business Inkjet 3000

Panasonic printers supported:
CL-21 (almost done)

Just as with other pluggins you can set your own warning and critical
values.  if you printers not on the list I've written this so others can be
added in a few minutes using what's there as an example.

-Dan