[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Tue Mar 2 00:33:05 CET 2004

Awais,

I had a go at this yesterday, but have to admit abject failure. I couldn't
get your patch to r1.3.1 to compile correctly on my MacOSX system, but I
think it is running bind 9 and there are some compatibility #defines I think
I need to set.

Got further on SF's FreeBSD system with these changes:

- compile with -lresolv
- put an if (target) around the _res.nscount to only set the nameserver if
specified with -s

But I am absolutely baffled how to expand out the DNS reply - too
complicated for me! I specifically want to catch multiple IP addresses
(ibm.com is a good example) which is in the current functionality.

Could you provide a patch to HEAD?

Ton