[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dns

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Mar 5 19:05:02 CET 2004

On 05 Mar 2004 20:59:58 +0000
Awais Ahmad <awais at eurobell.net> wrote:

> I submitted check_httpperf.pl about 6 months ago. Submitted
> check_xml-rpc.pl last week. No one has looked at either of them yet.

Since the development team is swamped, we have had to prioritize. Top
prioroty is releasing 1.4.0 - and a resolver-based check_dns was one of
the goals for 1.4.0.

So we created the sourceforge drop zone for new plugins so they could be
posted and tracked withour our involvement.

Primary goal after 1.4.0 is released is to move plugins from contrib and
the drop zone into core.

So best way to help is to submit patches against CVS HEAD for either

1) bug fixes
2) performance data logging

Patches against anything else than CVS HEAD can easliy consume more time
than they save.

(And people with a interest, a steady stream of accepted patches, and
prticipation on this list will be definite candidates for delevoper
status and CVS access.)

--
Karl