[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Perl plugins that fail gracefully by reporting missing modules.

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Mar 8 07:09:08 CET 2004

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
> Dear Gentlemen,
>
> I am writing to thank you for your leters and say,
>
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:51:02AM +0000, Awais Ahmad wrote:
>> I thought they already failed gracefully :). I find the contents of
>> @INC being printed to STDERR pretty useful, so I wouldn't use eval
>> {} in the context being discussed myself.
>
> Yep. I agree. However, if you subscribe to Nag users, many if
> not all,
> of the questions about Perl plugins express dismay on seeing @INC.

Back in the day when I was a clueless *nix user with root privledges,
seeing the @INC errors used to drive me nuts. I could 'find' or 'locate'
the missing modules, but had a really hard time figuring out how to add
them to @INC. It appears as though CPANPLUS may make this much easier
for the average user, although I have not yet tested this feature.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)