[Nagiosplug-devel] [OT] Nagios plugins in use with UP.Time possibly?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Thu Mar 11 12:56:36 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:51:30PM -0600, Ethan Galstad wrote:
> The plugins were split off from the main NetSaint distribution and
> made into a separate project after Netsaint 0.0.3, so separate
> registrations will have to be made for plugin releases.  I'd be happy
> to cover the cost of the registrations, but I think we should first
> consult with the FSF as to what the best way to do this would be.  We
> could either retain the copyright registrations as a team or assign
> them to the FSF.  Having the FSF behind us would be good thing, as it
> means time and resources that we as individual developers don't
> necessarily have.
>
> Ton - since you have already contacted the FSF, can you keep us
> informed of their response?  I'll also make a separate request to the
> FSF tonight in regards to what the best way to register the
> copyrights would be.

        Another idea might be to contact SPI (Software in the Public
Interest) which have Debian, Fresco, GNOME,LSB, GNU TeXmacs and a few
others as listed projects that they hold the copyrights for. This may be
another route to look at as I'm not sure the procedure. I do know they
hold to trademark for Debian and it's managed by the Debian project
itself. I might be able to send a friendly inquiry to Ean Schuessler,
current President of SPI, and ask him. I had the pleasure of meeting him
over LWE'03 shortly after his promotion from V.P. and seems personable
enough. If not he may have some other suggestions for the project. I
just not want to do so and speak for Nagios if it is something we don't
want to do.

        Regards,
        Jeremy T. Bouse