[Nagiosplug-devel] Access to CVS as a developer

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Thu Mar 18 09:02:26 CET 2004

I would like to get access to the CVS store as a developer. I have a
large number of patches to the currently existing plugins and some
additional plugins that I would like to see included in future
distributions. These include:

    * A largely rewritten check_tcp.c that allows send expect dialogues
      to be added to the existing facilities. This now uses a data
      driven structure for the send-expect-quit sequence and allows
      multiple handshake conservations with services, giving the ability
      to check a complete dialogue as valid where required.
    * A perl version of check_dns, which uses the Net::DNS library and
      supports retrieving records of all mainstream DNS types. It also
      supports the ability to compare the returned result with an
      expected result and report a critical failure if they do not
      match. The matching rules are generous and allow matching on exact
      strings, prefixes, suffixes, substrings, as well as oneof
      selection where multiple results are returned. I am working no a
      structured checking facility that will allow checking of the dns
      records in much more detail and will try to add any missing record
      types in the near future - this requires extension to the Net::DNS
      library as well as some more extensive checking code.
    * A modified check_apc_ups, that has been tidied up at the Perl
      level and had the SNMP probes converted to the bulkget using the
      Net::SNMP library within Perl.
    * Minor spelling and functional fixes to (in no particular order)
      check_ldap.c, check_snmp.c, negate.c, netutils.c, urlize.c,
      check_breeze.pl, check_ntp.pl, check_wave.pl, check_disk.c,
      check_http.c, check_linux_raid.pl, check_ups.c,
      check_nagios_db.pl, check_by_ssh.c, check_dig.c,
      check_disk_smb.pl, check_flexlm.pl, check_file_age.pl,
      check_ifoperstatus.pl, check_ifstatus.pl, check_log.sh,
      check_mrtg.c, check_mrtgtraf.c, check_nt.c, check_nwstat.c,
      check_oracle_instance.pl, check_overcr.c, check_pgsql.c,
      check_ping.c, check_procs.c, check_real.c, check_rpc.pl,
      check_smtp.c, check_swap.c, check_time.c, check_udp.c,
      check_game.c, check_radius.c.
    * Changes to the configure script to include the contrib directory
      in the make tree, with Makefiles for the contrib directory to
      include settings up the bulk of the contrib plugins.
    * Additional plugin for checking whether a nagios environment is
      'active', This supports failover/redundancy facilities and has
      been written to cooperate with extensions being developed for the
      NagMin environment to support configuration and operation of a
      distributed redundant monitoring framework.

I also have further plugins in development using SNMP probes into
network devices (routers and switches) and host based environments such
as Linux SNMP and Windows 200x environments.

As I am making a large number of changes, that I would like to see
distributed in the main stream, if only to save me time in integrating
changes when new releases are made, I think it would make sens to let me
have access to the CVS tree.

If not I can submit all of these changes as patches as this is how I
currently hold them in the RPM environment - applied to the 1.4.0-alpha1
release.

Regards, Howard.

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from you system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guarenteed to be secure or error-free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.