[Nagiosplug-devel] Access to CVS as a developer

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Sun Mar 21 12:47:04 CET 2004

Stanley,

What you saw was a first attempt to get a structural approach working. I
have since:

    * Coded a number of other plugins to use this approach.
    * Started to move to a OO based library that will I hope get rid of
      90% of the additional 'code' written to manage the plugin options
      - I am looking to do more that automate the print_usage and
      print_help facilities now. Although my original motivation is
      still to output the options as a structure that can be parse
      easily by an auto-learning interface.
    * Recode the existing plugins to have a common logic flow and action
      set and where possible harmonious the flags used by the plugins to
      give a common set of inputs. - Might have to provide some
      conpatibility facilties here, which is a pain but I see as a
      necessary.

I hope to have something to look at by Wednesday this week and will send
that through. I will then recorde all of the Perl plugins to
thisstandard if it is acceptable and ask that the ones I cannot be
tested locally, be tried out. I am leaving the other languages at
present, having decided I want to get this right first. So please wait
to see what I can do!

Regards, Howard.

--
Howard Wilkinson
	Phone:
	<mailto:howard at cohtech.com>howard at cohtech.com

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from you system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guarenteed to be secure or error-free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.