[Nagiosplug-devel] Patch to check_http plugin

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Mar 30 22:03:01 CEST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:31:40 +0100
Howard Wilkinson <howard at cohtech.com> wrote:

> This patch adds cookies and keepalives to the check_http plugin, it
> also flattens the Usage output to one line. Tested here but could do
> with some use on a live infrastructure.

I wnat to comfirm what the cookie handling does. It looks like it only
comes in to play for a redirect. In the case of a redirect, the cookies
are read from the first server response and passed to the redirection
target (if they are not expired). Is that correct? Is there anything
else going on?

Also, if the target of the server redirect is not in the same domain as
the original request, shouldn't the cookies be suppressed?

These are perl character classes:

#define COOKIE_BODY "%[/a-zA-Z0-9._-=@,: ]"
#define COOKIE_PATH ";%[/a-zA-Z0-9._-=@,: ]"

As C character classes, I do not think they do what you expect in all
cases. I believe they should be rewritten to conform to POSIX:

--
Karl