[Nagiosplug-devel] Bug in check_disk?

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Fri May 7 03:16:02 CEST 2004

I believe there may be an issue with the latest check_disk plugin.

In the binary data, the disk size is reported as the space *unused* on
the device.  However, the warning and critical sizes are reported as the
space *used* on the device.  This makes the metrics very hard to compare.

Although not exactly specified in the documents, other plugins seem to
return absolute and comparable values for all cases.  This does make the
data far more accessible.

If possible, I would also like to suggest to those who decide such
things, that exactly specifying that the given numbers should be
absolute and comparable, in the documentation, would avoid these type of
problems happening again.

Hope this is of some help,

Regards, Ben