[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-New Plugins-939170 ] check_yum - Check if YUM/RPM based system is up-to-date

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat May 8 00:47:00 CEST 2004

New Plugins item #939170, was opened at 2004-04-21 11:23
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by g_krist
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=541465&aid=939170&group_id=29880

Category: System monitor
Group: None

Initial Comment:
check_yum does a check to see if a system is up-to-date
with all updates/patches. It's using the "yum
check-update" command on either local host or remote
hosts (using nrpe). It has 3 levels of return text:
1) Server is up-to-date              (no updates available)
2) Server is NOT up-to-date, xxx packages etc (There
are updates, will be a Criticical error)
3) Something wrong with yum etc etc (something is wrong
with yum, will be a warning)

IMHO there is no need for -w or -c parameters not even
possible i think :D

note:
I would like to see some feedback, i'm already using it
for like 10 servers, it worked oke here. We run it once
a day.