[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-951911 ] more then two dependencies doesn't work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 11 11:30:02 CEST 2004

Bugs item #951911, was opened at 2004-05-11 14:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=951911&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I have some problems with the dependencies in Nagios.
Here is the config file:

define servicedependency{
        host_name                       host1
        service_description             check_ncap
        dependent_host_name             host2
        dependent_service_description   ncap_check_users
        execution_failure_criteria      w,u,c
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
        }

If I only use this box in the dependencies.cfg then it
looks like good. But if I copy the box and change
the "dependent_service_description" to other services
on the machine - then no dependency works. If I use
the character * as the dependent_service_description -
then I have the same problem - nothing works.

Also I have discover that the "freshness" function must
be disabled. If I enable this function in the nagios.cfg
then the dependencies works no longer.

I use Nagios with 57 Hosts with 97 Services. I defined a
service dependency in use with ncap. But I don't believe
that there is the problem. Also all other functionality
works fine so that I think there is a problem with the
module.

Is there anybody who can help me.

Thanks for tips,

bye