[Nagiosplug-devel] Check_ping question

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Thu Nov 11 04:56:06 CET 2004

>>  (This is due in large part to the fact that nagios serializes them.)
>>

>Yes. That part needs to be rewritten, but it's a sort of major design
>issue so me and other contributors are unwilling to take it on since
>Ethan might reject it. It's also pretty difficult, so it's not exactly
>the kind of thing you do over lunch, which means rejection would hurt a
>little bit. ;)

I'd like to say that there are two things I'd love to see in Nagios more than anything else:

1) Host checks in parallel - which it seems like some people are tackling, if only in their heads

2) Wait for service checks to enter a HARD state before doing the host checks - what's the use of setting a service check to 5 minute retry_intervals if the host check kicks in after the first failed service check?

Other than that, everything else I've said is just a nitpick :)

Rob Nelson