[Nagiosplug-devel] Java Plugins

David Robinson David.Robinson at albertsons.com
Thu Nov 18 13:29:04 CET 2004

I have written Nagios Perl plugins that invoke the weblogic.Admin java class
to monitor runtime information of my WebLogic Servers.  The weblogic.Admin
class executes JMX requests to a given WebLogic Server process.  It looks
like:

Nagios Process --> Perl Process --> Java Process -->  JMX call across the
network  --> Remote WebLogic Server Process

These plugins do not seem to perform very well.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on improving the performance of plugins for monitoring WebLogic
Server?

I also tried writing a plugin directly in Java, but I'm not sure if this is
supported.  Nagios did not receive any output from my Java plugins even
though I was exiting with the proper error codes.  Has anyone created
plugins in Java?

Thanks for your assistance,

Dave