[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-962495 ] check_mysql: my_connect conflicts on Debian

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 18 15:35:05 CET 2004

Bugs item #962495, was opened at 2004-05-28 23:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=962495&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
On Debian Sarge (the testing branch), there is a
conflict with the function my_connect between
netutils.h and mysql/mysql_com.h.  When running make
after configure, gcc dies with the error:

In file included from /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h:57,
                 from check_mysql.c:25:
/usr/include/mysql/mysql_com.h:181: error: conflicting
types for `my_connect'
netutils.h:50: error: previous declaration of `my_connect'

I tried it on a redhat 7.2 box, and it works fine...
even though my_connect is defined in both files, it
uses the correct ones and the conflict doesn't happen.
 Either it's something with debian, or more likely with
the version of gcc, which is 3.3.3 on Debian Sarge, and
2.95 on the redhat 7.2 box.  Changing the my_connect()
function name to _my_connect() seems to fix the
problem.  Supplied is a patch that does just that.

Thanks,
Nathan Shafer