[Nagiosplug-devel] Translations and gettext

Yves ymettier at perfparse.org
Wed Nov 24 13:07:42 CET 2004

> Ton Voon wrote:

> Without presenting a detailed solutiion, I note that gettext is ALWAYS
> invoked by the _() macro -- I think the path to take is to be sure that
> id gettext is not present, then the _() macro should expand to a noop.

Right, but here is how to disable it

>From gettext.h from gettext-0.14, extract :
#if ENABLE_NLS
# include <libintl.h>
#else
# define gettext(Msgid) ((const char *) (Msgid))
#endif

> Apologies if everyone already knew this.

Did everyone knew the content of gettext.h ? :)
No problem, Karl, it's sometimes good to say what everybody knows :)

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -