[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Nagios plugin translation next part ;-)

Benoit Mortier benoit.mortier at opensides.be
Wed Nov 24 13:10:34 CET 2004

Le mercredi 24 Novembre 2004 00:53, Ton Voon a écrit :
> On 23 Nov 2004, at 00:27, Benoit Mortier wrote:

[..]
> > #: plugins/check_dns.c:198 plugins/check_dummy.c:58
> > plugins/check_http.c:927
> > #: plugins/check_http.c:1181 plugins/check_procs.c:272
> > OK
>
> Shouldn't this be translated? I'm thinking that general output (like:
> "DNS OK: response time whatever") should have the OK portion
> translated, so then that is only translated once across all the
> plugins.

yes but the problem arise also with text like that

SSH WARNING: could not open %s\n

he should also be translated then like that

WARNING SSH: impossible d'ouvrir %s\n

because in french we use a lot of english text ;-)

> > to correct in the plugin text
> >
> > #: plugins/check_dns.c
> >  -a, --expected_address=STRING\n
> >    an address expected to be in the asnwer section.\n --->
> > s/asnwer/answer
> >    if not set, uses whatever was in -l\n
>
> This text is not in the current CVS HEAD for check_dns.c. How is the
> fr.po file regenerated?

make update-po and using POTFILE generated by configure with POTFILE.in and
msgmerge --update from getetxt

--
Benoit Mortier
OpenSides sprl