[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-853440 ] check_flexlm misreports "down" servers

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 28 16:26:02 CET 2004

Bugs item #853440, was opened at 2003-12-03 09:52
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mattkent
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=853440&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
There are two failure modes for FlexLM servers that are
not reported correctly with recent versions of FlexLM.

1: If there is only one license server and it is down, and
uses a fairly old FlexLM license, the "lmutil lmstat"
command never completes.

2: If there is a quorum style license where 3 license
servers should be running and one is unpingable, it is
reported as "not responding" and not counted correctly.

I've got patches for this behavior, but they're merged
with quite a bit of re-write for this tool, so I'm not sure
how to best submit them.