[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-New Plugins-1021708 ] Multiple perl plugins using SNMP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 3 02:36:07 CEST 2004

New Plugins item #1021708, was opened at 2004-09-03 11:35
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=541465&aid=1021708&group_id=29880

Category: Perl plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I developped multiple plugins in Perl that use SNMP to
monitor disks, load, process, etc....

I started the dev of these plugins 3 months ago, some
people have tested them, and now I realize a lot of
people have done the same thing....
I think it should be a good idea if all these people
(including me) could work and develop on the same code.

All these scripts have been tested quite a lot (by me
and other people who have used them).

Here are the scripts :

I have done some web pages to explain how they work
(http://www.manubulon.com/nagios/)

In all these scripts, regular expression can be used
for drive, interface, process selection.

- check_snmp_storage.pl : checks in the snmp storage
table. It is possible to use regexp to include (or
exclude) multiple drives

- check_snmp_int.pl : checks in snmp interface table.

- check_snmp_process.pl : checks the number of
processes that are running on a distant machine.

- check_snmp_load.pl : checks load by different ways :
load given by Net-SNMP on Linux, processor info on
Windows or other machines, and specific or AS/400.

- check_snmp_vrrp.pl : checks the state of all
interface on a vrrp cluster to check if all are master
or backup.

Patrick

nagios at proy.org