[Nagiosplug-devel] check_icmp v0.8

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Sep 6 17:34:32 CEST 2004

Background;
check_icmp is a plugin designed to measure ICMP response times and
packet-loss. Since it doesn't fork any other programs to do its dirty
work it eliminates the tedious "Unable to parse output" messages" some
users have experienced.

Fixes;
Some issues were detected with check_icmp version 0.6, which has been
floating around for a while. Now I had the time to fix them, so I did.
Those of you looking for version 0.7 will be a bit disappointed. It was
never released to the public.

Version 0.8 fixes the following issues;
* argument parsing on *BSD systems (can someone confirm?).
* performance-data works properly.

Notes;
* When a 100% packet-loss is encountered, output will be as such:
|rta=;warn;crit;; pl=100%;warn;crit;;
* Performance data output is only available when checking a single host.

Sourcecode is available at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1008452&group_id=29880&atid=541465
and
http://devel.op5.se/oss/check_icmp-0.8.tar.gz