[Nagiosplug-devel] Suggested alterations to the Performance P rotocoll

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Sep 13 06:26:11 CEST 2004

To summarize:

The score was 3-1 against Ton.
Andreas jumped in making it 3-2.
Both Yves and Ben switched sides (or were they there all along?),
although they responded at about the same time, and therefore neglected
to count each others vote. They also neglected to decrement the 'add
strings to perfdata' counter (and you trust these guys to code a
perfdata graphing app :) ).

So, it looks to me like the count is currently 4-1 against adding
strings to perfdata. The majority seem to want just numbers, for
graphing only, with the possibility of adding strings at a later date.

I tend to agree with this, but since I have not contributed to the
thread until now, I won't count my input as a vote.

I believe it is Karl now in the minority. Perhaps one step at a time is
the way to go?

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)