[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http Host header...

Jos Visser josv at osp.nl
Tue Sep 21 06:39:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've got a situation where a Netscape 4.1 web server with a WebSphere
4.x plugin refuses to forward a request from check_http to a servlet
because the "Host" header generated by check_http does not include the
port number.

According to RFC 2616 (HTTP 1.1) section 14.23 (see
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html) the Host header can include a
port number and in absence of that port number the port number is
understood to be the default port number of that service.

check_http never adds the port number, which leads to a more or less
invalid-ish HTTP request (not really because check_http executes an HTTP
1.0 request which does not require a Host header)...

However, I modified check_http.c to include the port number and it seems
to work fine for all other invocations of check_http as well...

++Jos.nl

--
Handle nur nach derjenigen Maxime, durch die du zugleich wollen kannst,
daß sie ein allgemeines Gesetz werde.