[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1217379 ] Make check_disk_smb work with both Samba 2.x.x and Samba 3.x

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 1 20:41:45 CEST 2005

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by sfcoder
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=1217379&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Bugfix
Group: None

Initial Comment:
(As mailed to the dev list and to sghosh)

Summary of problem: In Samba 3.x.x, smbclient takes
server/share as a UNC path, unlike Samba 2.x.x.

Summary of solution: Detect version and act accordingly.

The solution has been tested with a Samba 2.x
installation and with a Samba 3.x installation.

Comment By: Andrey Warkentin (sfcoder)