[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-1262777 ] Fix subst.in for non-upgrades

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 22 02:05:07 CEST 2005

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jaymzh
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=1262777&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Bugfix
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The following patch takes out the call to the which()
function, and the which() function itself in the
subst.in awk script.

This script attempts to determine if the libexec
directory exists, and if it doesn't, it changes the
"use lib" path to be relative instead of absolute.

The problem is that the path is _about_ to exist (after
"make install"), but doesn't yet exist... so on
upgrades, this works, but on fresh installs,  you have
a "use lib" path that is relative and thus can't be
called from nrpe in any useful way.

While I see the theory of making things relative in the
event the absolute path doesn't exist, the absolute
path is about to exist, so making a decision on the
presence of something you know you are about to make is
quite silly.

This fixes it and allows us to build RPMs of
nagios-plugins in a chroot'd environment (like mach -
mach.sf.net).

This patch is against nagios-plugins-1.3.1.

Thanks,
Phil