[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Hooray - 1.4 is out! What next?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Feb 10 00:50:06 CET 2005

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2005 at 10:59, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>>You may wish to do this because you are reselling Nagios and the
>>>Nagios plugins, and want to conceal the fact, or it reduces your
>>>installation costs. This is not necessarily a bad thing; a slicker
>>>install is good.
>>>

>>No. We don't conceal that fact at all. Quite the contrary, we're
>>riding the opensource hype. We've written a new GUI and some other
>>things, but we never hide that we're using opensource projects (and
>>which) as our base.
>>

> Out of curiosity, where is this fact mentioned on the OP5 site?  I
> couldn't find any mention of Nagios or the Nagios plugins at either
> op5.com or op5.se.  The lack of any references was probably what
> Stanley was referring to.

To be honest, I don't know. I suppose the product sheet makes a mention.
We had a different website earlier which included a short list of the
more important items we've put together in the platform along with a
list of all the patching we had done, but perhaps it has been removed
for some reason. Most IT-managers (our targeting group) get a bit
lightheaded if you start talking tech-details with them.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer