[Nagiosplug-devel] Installation of NRPE and Plugins on IBM AIX

David Peer david.peer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:01:37 CET 2005

Hi

compile the nrpe plugin with the disable-ssl option and from the
 linux server run all your checks with the -n option:

check_nrpe -H <your_R_host> -n

BR

BTW how did you managed to compile the plugins on AIX?

I fail very time.

Thanks

...[write your message here]...

- David Peer (davidp)

-----------------------

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagiosplug-devel.31.0.html?&tx_maillisttofa
q_pi1[showUid]=624

> Hi Ton,

> Thanks for your immediate response!!!

> As per you I have downloaded the "nagios-plugins-1.4.0-alpha3"
  and

> "nrpe-2.0" from the nagios site and installed it on the IBM AIX
 5.2.0.0

> server. The compilation was successful.

> After the compilation I verified that nrpe daemon is running and
 the

> port is active on the AIX server.

> I tried to run the "check_nrpe" from the Linux server which is
 our

-

> [root at NagiosServer libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H AIXSERVER -c check_users

> CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.  Check the remote server
 logs

-

-

> I found that the nrpe daemon running on the AIX server is not
 sending

-

-

> Please suggest the solution for this problem. I would be glad
 to provide

> you with more details if you need.

> Thanks and Regards,

> Subash Rajan.

 on IBM

> AIX

> Subash,

> We are not maintaining release 1.3.1 much any more. Please try

> the 1.4alpha2 release - there have been reports of successful
 compiles

> on AIX.

> Ton

> On 17 Dec 2004, at 04:27, subash.rajan at wipro.com wrote:

> Hi,

> With related to the above subject I have few queries for

> which I need your suggestions.

> We are using Nagios Verion 1.2 for Monitoring servers

> running Windows NT, Windows 2003 and Linux Operating Systems.

> Additionally we are monitoring network devices which are

> Wireless Access Points and Switches.

> We would like to include few Unix Servers running IBM

> AIX for monitoring.

> The Maintenance Level of the AIX OS is 5.2.0.0.

> We have downloaded the nrpe-2.0 and Nagios-Plugins-1.3.1

> from Nagios site and installed on the AIX system.

> We could successfully install and compile NRPE, started

> the daemon and verified that nagios server is able to communicate
 to the