[Nagiosplug-devel] check_dhcp - a possible addition

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jan 18 15:12:28 CET 2005

Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Le Mardi 18 Janvier 2005 15:57, Stephan Janosch a écrit :
>
>>Hi folks!
>>
>>Fizzeling(freebsd has no eth0, O_o ) around with check_dhcp I figured
>>out, that I have to give an interface name. Perhaps you can include the
>>code at the bottom of this message. Basicly the code looks through the
>>interface table and searches for interfaces which are up and can
>>broadcast.
>>
>>This could make the use a bit more flexible.
>>
>>regards, Stephan
>

> hi,
>
> could you make a patch to the current cvs head and post it to the nagiosplug
> project on sourceforge, in the patch section

Actually, the check_dhcp plugin requires quite an overhaul. It looks
like it's only half done and it's full of strange code. Like this example;
#if defined(__sun__) || defined (__hpux__) || defined (__solaris__)
#define bcopy(source, destination, length) memcpy(destination, source,
length)
#endif
which doesn't make any sense, seeing as bcopy(3) conforms to BSD4.3 and
is deprecated whereas memcpy(3) conforms to ANSI C, SVID and BSD4.3 (why
they had two nearly identical functions beats me) and will probably
never be deprecated.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer