[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin guideline suggestion

Ben O'Hara bohara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:08:38 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:19:10 -0800, Jason Martin <jhmartin at toger.us> wrote:

> My particular need is that I have >500 servers with plugins on
> them and am looking to design an elegant way of surveying  /
> tracking their versions. Of course I'll have to upgrade if this
> change goes in to use the new functionality but I can handle
> that.

Great idea Jason, id thought about looking into someway to do this
previously in a previous position.  They were using netsaint_statd so
it was just to automate updates of that, however im now using nrpe and
the required plugins locally on each machine, a way to push out
updates to all monitored machines would be a great timesaver.

Perhaps this could be linked into nrpe which already accepts
connections from the central/remote nagios boxes?

Would save having yet another plugin/extra to install on each machine!

Ben
Ben