[Nagiosplug-devel] Patch 1089070 - Adding SOAP support to check_http

Tim Verhoeven dj at rootshell.be
Wed Jan 26 02:09:01 CET 2005

Hi,

I've created patch 1089070 that adds SOAP support to the chech_http
plugin. Since SOAP uses HTTP as the transport layer it was just a matter
of created a different header and using the POST functionality of
check_http to add the acutal XML SOAP request.

We have been using this in production for some weeks now and it works fine
here. But since maintaining these special builds is cumbersom we would
like to ask if this patch could be added in the next release of the
nagios plugins ?

The patch is pretty simple. It adds a new switch "-W" (for webservices)
and builds a new header the SOAP request (SOAPAction header and different
content-type).

Maybe a better aproach is to create more generic switches that allows you
to change the content-type and a way to add other lines to the header (eg.
--header=SOAPAction --type=text/html ...). What do you think ?

Kind regards,
Tim Verhoeven

--
Tim Verhoeven - dj at rootshell.be - 0479 / 88 11 83