[Nagiosplug-devel] 1.4 release

Ton Voon tonvoon at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 13:52:04 CET 2005

Hi!

I was going to take a cut of the final 1.4 release today, but it looks
like there is still some active development going on. The bug pages has
6 new ones from the last week, so probably need some attention. I've
fixed one (with a helpful patch from Randy O'Meara) and marked another
for temporary ignoral (until 1.5). The one about check_ping segfault is
beyond my abilities.

Given that we will never have a perfect release (by one of the unbroken
rules of software development), what's the consensus? I think there are

1. Release 1.4 now and branch it. Only bugs fixed in 1.4 branch and we
can move onto 1.5.

2. Wait until all the bugs in the tracker are resolved (or marked to be
left till next release)

3. Wait for a few specific bugs to be squished

Although 3 sounds reasonable, my vote is for 1. If you vote for 3, then
you have to specify exactly which bugs need squishing, otherwise we'll
be here for ages!

The development team get triple votes because they do the work. Anyone
who can provide patches to some of the outstanding bugs can get double
points. Everyone else gets one vote.